Amelie and Chase were eating lunch next to each other at the table. They were fighting a bit and Amelie hit Chase on the head, but she kind of missed and poked him in the eye. Chase wasn't too happy about that, and I tried to explain to Amelie that she hurt Chase and needed to say sorry. She turned to Chase and said in a very sweet apologetic voice, "Chase, I poke your eye? Oh, I sorry, I meant to hit your head." Hahahaha!
I was reading a book to Chase the other day and it was about animal predators. I tried to explain to him what a predator was, an animal that hunts and eats other animals. I think he understood, until I asked him a trick question, "So, are humans predators?" He quickly replied "no" while shaking his head. I proceeded to tell him that actually we are predators because we eat animals. A look of unbelief came across his face. "No we don't. I don't eat animals." I told him that we eat chicken. He said, "Chicken? What's chicken made of?" I started laughing because he knows what a chicken is, and I didn't realize he hadn't put two and two together. I then told him we eat hamburger, which comes from cows, and he just couldn't take it anymore. He became defensive and said he didn't want to eat animals anymore. It was so funny.
Lately, Chase has been asking "why?" to EVERYTHING I say. At first it was a little annoying, but I dealt with it. Now it is SO annoying! Tonight I couldn't take it anymore and I yelled "Chase, I'm getting really tired of you asking "why" to everything I say!" To which he replied, "why?" Aaahhhhh!
I was reading a book to Chase the other day and it was about animal predators. I tried to explain to him what a predator was, an animal that hunts and eats other animals. I think he understood, until I asked him a trick question, "So, are humans predators?" He quickly replied "no" while shaking his head. I proceeded to tell him that actually we are predators because we eat animals. A look of unbelief came across his face. "No we don't. I don't eat animals." I told him that we eat chicken. He said, "Chicken? What's chicken made of?" I started laughing because he knows what a chicken is, and I didn't realize he hadn't put two and two together. I then told him we eat hamburger, which comes from cows, and he just couldn't take it anymore. He became defensive and said he didn't want to eat animals anymore. It was so funny.
Lately, Chase has been asking "why?" to EVERYTHING I say. At first it was a little annoying, but I dealt with it. Now it is SO annoying! Tonight I couldn't take it anymore and I yelled "Chase, I'm getting really tired of you asking "why" to everything I say!" To which he replied, "why?" Aaahhhhh!
Comments
Post a Comment