This blog use to be a place for our family to keep in touch with us while we lived out in Boston. Now that we live closer to them, and have started a family website of our own, this blog is primarily for YOU (all of our friends still in Boston, and others scattered in various places). I will try to update you on the past 4 months of our lives the best that I can.
First, WE DID IT! We made the big move from Boston to Provo. Rick spent 4 days driving a big truck full of our stuff, and by the time he arrived he was SOOOO happy to be out of that vehicle. Way to go babe!

A bunch of friends and family helped us unload on Aug 15th, and it took about 2 weeks to get most everything unpacked and put away. You know how I can't stand living in chaos. We love our new house, it has twice the space and is less rent than our Boston place and the kids have already found the "track" in the house to run circles around. A few pics of the house.



My favorite thing about being back in Provo is seeing those gorgeous mountains every day. I love it! We also love being so close to BYU. We have plans of meeting Rick on campus for lunch once a week, which is close enough I can just push the kids in the stroller. Rick's favorite thing about being in Provo is BYU football games! (Who would have guessed?) He and I walked down to watch the game yesterday and although they lost bad, we still had a nice time together. It felt like old times dating on campus (my sister watched the kids). Here we are in our BYU blue (in case you're wondering, Amelie still has dinner on her face).

Cool Story: I took the kids to the BYU devotional on Tuesday where the prophet was speaking (one of the things I love about being in Utah) and they actually got to meet him! Well kinda. So the short story is that I found out the day before that Pres. Monson would be speaking for the devotional, so I thought it would be neat to take the kids. But since they don't even know who he is, we did a family home evening lesson on prophets and I showed them pictures of our prophet so they would recognize him. And just to solidify it in their brain even more, I had them color pictures of the prophet too. The next day we headed off to the devotional and Chase was determined that he was going to meet the prophet and show him the picture he colored. He said a prayer before we left that he would be able to see the prophet because I told him that there would be a lot of people there. Even though we got there early, the place was packed and the best seats we could find were on the back side behind the speaker. Well, they turned out to be great seats because when Pres. Monson finished and was on his way out, he left through the portal we were sitting next to, and Chase and Amelie ran up to the railing and held their pictures out for him. He saw them, said "Oh, how nice" and took them to keep. Then he said "How about a high five," and gave them both a high five. It was pretty cool, and even more special because I realized the Lord had answered Chase's prayer. Here they are all smiles on the way home.

We love being here in Provo, but miss all our friends out there in Boston. I'll try to do better at keeping you updated on our lives, and I'll be checking your blogs more frequently too. We don't want to lose touch!
Much love,
The Swensens
First, WE DID IT! We made the big move from Boston to Provo. Rick spent 4 days driving a big truck full of our stuff, and by the time he arrived he was SOOOO happy to be out of that vehicle. Way to go babe!

A bunch of friends and family helped us unload on Aug 15th, and it took about 2 weeks to get most everything unpacked and put away. You know how I can't stand living in chaos. We love our new house, it has twice the space and is less rent than our Boston place and the kids have already found the "track" in the house to run circles around. A few pics of the house.



My favorite thing about being back in Provo is seeing those gorgeous mountains every day. I love it! We also love being so close to BYU. We have plans of meeting Rick on campus for lunch once a week, which is close enough I can just push the kids in the stroller. Rick's favorite thing about being in Provo is BYU football games! (Who would have guessed?) He and I walked down to watch the game yesterday and although they lost bad, we still had a nice time together. It felt like old times dating on campus (my sister watched the kids). Here we are in our BYU blue (in case you're wondering, Amelie still has dinner on her face).

Cool Story: I took the kids to the BYU devotional on Tuesday where the prophet was speaking (one of the things I love about being in Utah) and they actually got to meet him! Well kinda. So the short story is that I found out the day before that Pres. Monson would be speaking for the devotional, so I thought it would be neat to take the kids. But since they don't even know who he is, we did a family home evening lesson on prophets and I showed them pictures of our prophet so they would recognize him. And just to solidify it in their brain even more, I had them color pictures of the prophet too. The next day we headed off to the devotional and Chase was determined that he was going to meet the prophet and show him the picture he colored. He said a prayer before we left that he would be able to see the prophet because I told him that there would be a lot of people there. Even though we got there early, the place was packed and the best seats we could find were on the back side behind the speaker. Well, they turned out to be great seats because when Pres. Monson finished and was on his way out, he left through the portal we were sitting next to, and Chase and Amelie ran up to the railing and held their pictures out for him. He saw them, said "Oh, how nice" and took them to keep. Then he said "How about a high five," and gave them both a high five. It was pretty cool, and even more special because I realized the Lord had answered Chase's prayer. Here they are all smiles on the way home.

We love being here in Provo, but miss all our friends out there in Boston. I'll try to do better at keeping you updated on our lives, and I'll be checking your blogs more frequently too. We don't want to lose touch!
Much love,
The Swensens
Comments
Love,
The Brady Fam
Your house looks great and it sounds like you are deeply steeped in enjoying all of the great things Happy Valley has to offer!!
Post a Comment