So...I did get a piece of advice I've been putting to good use and it's been helping a lot.
"Slow down, take time out for yourself, don't feel guilty about it, give yourself some room to breathe, do something luxurious, in essence stop and smell the roses."
I think sometimes I get going too fast and focus solely on "getting things done" that I forget to enjoy life. I took my kids into the woods one day and enjoyed nature. That was therapeutic. I sat outside and watched them play, instead of staying in to do the dishes. That was therapeutic. I went on a bike ride and played with a dog instead of making dinner. I laid down and looked at a magazine instead of making a phone call. I watched a movie with my sisters instead of folding laundry. All these things I needed. I tend to work before the play and I think sometimes forget the play all together.
Also, I stopped making myself daily "to do" lists. They stress me out far too much. For some reason I think EVERYTHING on the list needs to get done THAT day, or else....
"Slow down, take time out for yourself, don't feel guilty about it, give yourself some room to breathe, do something luxurious, in essence stop and smell the roses."
I think sometimes I get going too fast and focus solely on "getting things done" that I forget to enjoy life. I took my kids into the woods one day and enjoyed nature. That was therapeutic. I sat outside and watched them play, instead of staying in to do the dishes. That was therapeutic. I went on a bike ride and played with a dog instead of making dinner. I laid down and looked at a magazine instead of making a phone call. I watched a movie with my sisters instead of folding laundry. All these things I needed. I tend to work before the play and I think sometimes forget the play all together.
Also, I stopped making myself daily "to do" lists. They stress me out far too much. For some reason I think EVERYTHING on the list needs to get done THAT day, or else....
Comments
For balance, I create Weekly To Do lists. If it's not on the list I don't do it unless it's fun! And it takes away the stress I used to have of 'needing' to finish the whole list in one day.
Post a Comment