So, I've started a new blog. Not a new family blog, just a blog about the reality of being a mom.
My hope is that it can be a place for moms to share stories about daily happenings of motherhood, both good and bad. I'm also hoping it can be a place that feels "real". Too often I look at other moms and everything in their life looks perfect: dressed up cute, perfect hair and makeup, clean and tidy house, well groomed kids, yummy meal on the table by 6:00, looks like they're doing fun things all the time, library trips and park visits and volunteering at school, etc, etc, etc. I know that's not how their life really is, but that's all I see. So I wanted to start a blog about real life motherhood. I call it "Mama in Real Life". I don't enjoy seeing others fail, but I fully admit that it makes me feel better knowing that I'm not alone in this struggle, that other mothers like me aren't perfect and it's ok. We're all in this together. And I hope at the end of the day the good will outshine the bad, the imperfections will not matter, and the most important job in the world "motherhood" will prove worth it.
So check it out and tell me what you think. I'd love constructive criticism or comments, and maybe a few followers? The more the merrier!
My hope is that it can be a place for moms to share stories about daily happenings of motherhood, both good and bad. I'm also hoping it can be a place that feels "real". Too often I look at other moms and everything in their life looks perfect: dressed up cute, perfect hair and makeup, clean and tidy house, well groomed kids, yummy meal on the table by 6:00, looks like they're doing fun things all the time, library trips and park visits and volunteering at school, etc, etc, etc. I know that's not how their life really is, but that's all I see. So I wanted to start a blog about real life motherhood. I call it "Mama in Real Life". I don't enjoy seeing others fail, but I fully admit that it makes me feel better knowing that I'm not alone in this struggle, that other mothers like me aren't perfect and it's ok. We're all in this together. And I hope at the end of the day the good will outshine the bad, the imperfections will not matter, and the most important job in the world "motherhood" will prove worth it.
So check it out and tell me what you think. I'd love constructive criticism or comments, and maybe a few followers? The more the merrier!
Comments
Post a Comment