I love the way kids say things. It gives you so much perspective into how they view the world.
- Sawyer reaching up feeling the crusty dried hairspray in his hair says, "Mom, my hair is melting."
- Chase sipping my tasteless smoothie because I put too much ice in it says, "Mom, what'd you put in here that tastes like anything?" (Meaning it doesn't taste like anything)
- Sawyer says to his friend very sincerely, "Hey, don't take that away from me cuz it makes me sad." To which his friend responds with "Oh, sorry" and gives him a big long hug. And then while hugging Sawyer says, "Yeah, this is good, this is good."
- Sawyer tells me, "Mom, last night I threw up at Nana's house." I'm thinking, we weren't even at Nana's house last night, that was weeks ago. But then I remember he did throw up while we were there, and then I understand. "Last night" is his way of describing the past. He always tells me things happened "last night" or "yesterday" when they really didn't, and it just hit me that he doesn't know any other way to describe the past.
Comments
Post a Comment