When we show desire and move forward with faith, the Lord truly blesses us.
On Sunday (May 25th), I woke up and remembered that I hadn't fasted this month on the real fast Sunday. I have a hard time going without food because I get lightheaded and shaky and then a headache. It feels like my body starts shutting down without sustenance (not so fun when you're wrestling kids in church). I just remembered that morning that I still needed to fast, so hesitantly I decided to do it. I kneeled down and opened my fast with a prayer and a purpose (which I don't always do). I decided to fast for help teaching my kids the gospel because with Chase's upcoming 8th birthday I've been feeling worried that I haven't prepared him enough for baptism. After my prayer, I got up and went about my morning getting myself and the kids ready for church. The blessing I noticed was that I did not feel hungry through the whole of church, not even after church when we came home and I fed the kids lunch. It was so bizarre, and so unlike my body. Then another blessing came after church. Chase told me that his teacher taught the story of Nephi and his brothers going back to get the brass plates from Laban, and he asked the kids if they knew the scripture 1 Nephi 3:7 "I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded...". In my attempt to be better at teaching the gospel in our home, I had been rehearsing this scripture with the kids over the past few weeks trying to help them memorize it, and we had just rehearsed again that morning before church. So Chase was very excited to report to me that he raised his hand in class to say that he knew that scripture and actually had it memorized and was able to recite it. I believe the Lord was blessing me for striving to fast properly and with righteous desire. In a small way He clearly showed me that he was proud of me for my efforts and reassured me that I am doing ok, and to keep it up. I am so grateful to know that He is aware of me and helping me.
Comments
Post a Comment