It's been 10 1/2 years since I've had kids with me all the time. This is my last year of having a constant side-kick and I'm a little torn about it. I'm looking forward to the freedom of being alone all day, but also mourning the loss that will be. So for now I'm just trying to enjoy the time I have left, because it will be gone before I know it.
As much as Soleil can really get under my skin (she really enjoys getting reactions out of people, good or bad), she is also incredibly cute and sweet and creative and smart and confident and brings me great joy. I'm so glad to have this year alone with her to get to know her better. She is so grown up for her age that sometimes I forget she's only 4, but once in a while she does things or says things that remind me I still have a toddler in the house, and I don't want to forget it.
For example, I found the dolls like this today. In a shoe bed. It made me smile.
She still talks about wearing "swim soups". She may not have been born in California but she was raised Californian and seems to think swimsuits are the best choice for wear at all times of the year.
I'm holding on to all of the "little" moments I have left.



Comments
Post a Comment