Today was the first day of school. Yeah! Chase was excited to go back, Amelie excited to start kindergarten and be at school with Chase every day of the week, and I am looking forward to having only two kids to run errands with. Happy mommy :) Poor little Sawyer missed the kids while they were at school though. He kept asking for them. So I watched a movie with him, to which I fell asleep, and woke up suddenly to a BANG and then WAILING from him falling off the stair railing which he wasn't supposed to be climbing on. He took full advantage of my falling asleep and suffered the consequences of it.
This kid is too cool and ready for school.
After school we ran errands. Filled car with gas. Stopped at mall to get kids glasses adjusted so they don't look like Granny with them halfway down their nose. Got Soleil's one-year pics taken, finally! That little stinker wouldn't hold still. Got some school clothes and shoes for Amelie since she's growing so fast and was in desperate need of a few new things. We learned at school today that she can't wear sandals, which is all she had. Had 3 poopy diapers and only one diaper, sooo...yeah...that didn't work out too well. Sawyer ended up with a rashy bum cuz I couldn't change it, and Soleil just leaked through her clothes so I had to take her into the bathroom to clean her up, wash her outfit in the sink and then put it back on her wet and without a diaper. Oh, and Sawyer wandered away and caused me a 3-minute panic attack. Some nice people brought him back to me as we were frantically looking for him. They kindly pointed out that Soleil was running away too while I was thanking them. Yeah, I pretty much looked like a mess to everyone around me. Probably thinking "Who authorized this woman to have 4 kids?" I wonder that myself sometimes. The sink is still full of dishes, the counter too, and the table still covered with mail and cereal boxes. Aw well, I think I need sleep more than a clean kitchen tonight. Good night.
Comments
Post a Comment