Today was a good Sunday. We actually got to church on time. I got to listen to Sacrament meeting because Rick stayed home with the girls and their sniffles, and they were actually good talks. The lesson I taught second hour went pretty well. And I got to listen in Relief Society since I didn't have the baby and that lesson was really good too. I came away from church happy and spiritually well-fed. Much needed.
One of the great things about today was that The Spirit could actually teach me. I wanted to jot down some of the things I learned that I want to committ to doing this week.
1. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. (Matthew 6:21) If I want my heart in a different place, I need to focus my time and efforts in a different place. So, if I want to feel happier inside, focus on the things that truly make me happy: people, service, music and singing, more sleep, family time, scripture reading, feeling prepared, organization, and beautiful atmosphere.
2. Fill my time with things that "inviteth and enticeth to do good continually." (Moroni 7:13) Eliminate things in my life that take up time and don't make me feel uplifted or bettered. They don't contribute to my happiness and they allow Satan to creep in.
My goals this week are:
* Listen or read personal scriptures everyday (Conference talks, George Albert Smith manual, and Sunday School lesson manual)
* Read Friend or scriptures with my kids every day
* Plan ahead each day
* Focus my time on things that make me happy
* Eliminate all media, music, magazines or websites that do not uplift and inspire to do good
* Go to sleep by 11pm
One of the great things about today was that The Spirit could actually teach me. I wanted to jot down some of the things I learned that I want to committ to doing this week.
1. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. (Matthew 6:21) If I want my heart in a different place, I need to focus my time and efforts in a different place. So, if I want to feel happier inside, focus on the things that truly make me happy: people, service, music and singing, more sleep, family time, scripture reading, feeling prepared, organization, and beautiful atmosphere.
2. Fill my time with things that "inviteth and enticeth to do good continually." (Moroni 7:13) Eliminate things in my life that take up time and don't make me feel uplifted or bettered. They don't contribute to my happiness and they allow Satan to creep in.
My goals this week are:
* Listen or read personal scriptures everyday (Conference talks, George Albert Smith manual, and Sunday School lesson manual)
* Read Friend or scriptures with my kids every day
* Plan ahead each day
* Focus my time on things that make me happy
* Eliminate all media, music, magazines or websites that do not uplift and inspire to do good
* Go to sleep by 11pm
Comments
Post a Comment